Mauthausen Gassing Apparatus Room
The photo above shows the door on the south wall into the Mauthausen gas chamber on the left and the small gassing apparatus room next to it on the right. There is a wide doorway into the gassing apparatus room which has no door. Note the tile on the walls of the adjoining room which is the same as the tile in the gas chamber.
The photo above shows what appears to be electrical wiring on the wall of the small room next to the gas chamber. Former prisoners at Mauthausen testified that the "gassing apparatus" was located in an adjoining room, which is probably the room shown above; the apparatus was removed by the SS guards on April 29, 1945, according to survivors of the camp.
The photo above shows the remains of a ceiling fixture connected to the electrical wires on the wall of the small room next to the gas chamber. There is no evidence of any "gassing apparatus" in this room today.