Jewish Memorial stone at grave of ashes behind new crematorium

Behind Baracke X, and in the adjacent woods north of the building, is the area where the ashes of thousands of unknown Dachau victims are buried. Between 1950 and 1964, memorial stones were erected at the site of the graves. The flat stone in the foreground has an inscription which reads: "Grave of thousands of unknown."