The Brüllerhaus Cafe, located at Konrad-Adenauer-Strasse 22, just down the street from the Obere Apotheke, was also damaged during the fighting between the Freikorps Görlitz and the Red Army of the Communists on April 30, 1919. The Cafe is shown in the photograph above. Right next to it, at Konrad-Adenauer-Strasse 20, is the building which is the former location of the Schwartz Veranda, a restaurant owned by Thomas Schwartz. This used to be a popular dance spot for young people in Dachau. During World War II, this building was the place where Dachau residents had to get their ration cards for food.
The entrance to the steep stairs, called the Martin-Huber-Treppe, which lead down the hill to Martin-Huber-Strasse, is right next to the Cafe Brüllerhaus. A sign tells you that this is the way to the train station, located in the Lower Town. There are 96 stairs down to the bottom, but fortunately the stairs are not steep, and there is a handrail in the center of the stairway.