Buchenwald Concentration Camp
The photo above was taken by Tech/5 Dan Curtain, who visited the Buchenwald concentration camp in April 1945, after it was liberated by the 6th Armored Division of General Patton's Third Army. The building in the photo appears to be in the "Small camp" at the bottom of the slope, at the far end of the camp. This is the section where the Jewish prisoners were housed. The buildings in this section were prefabricated buildings that were intended to be used as horse barns.
All the photos on this page were contributed by Rob Hughes, the nephew of Dan Curtain. Dan is shown in the photo below, taken while he was on furlough.